The Nilles Report

Monday, July 28, 2008

Badlands!!


Susan and I have to say that the Badlands was high on our most beautiful place we have seen. I had forgotten how beautiful they were. The first day we walk into the Petrified Forest on the western edge of the park. It's an easy 1.5 miles in but we decided to walk the 10.7 mile loop. MISTAKE! We were hurting. The back 5 miles in on top of a butte with nothing but grass to walk through. But for the GPS I had we lost all track of distance. Being 94 and 24 mph winds didn't help either.
We did make it back and got ready for the next day.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

I am glad you enjoyed the badlands. We sure enjoy Medora and that is why we hike/camp there twice a year. Hope to see you next time.

Blog Archive